Click here to make arrangements online now.
Why should I choose Cremation Choices?
Cremation Choices differs from a traditional funeral home by offering families simple, dignified and affordable cremation services. Whereas a traditional funeral home offers a wide variety of services, merchandise and memorial options to the families they serve, Cremation Choices offers limited options, thereby, keeping the costs at a very minimum.
What services will Cremation Choices provide for you?
The following is a list of the typical services that we will handle on your behalf:
- Obtain the signature of the attending physician, coroner or medical examiner on the required certificate; file the certificate with the registrar of vital statistics where the death occurred
- Ensure compliance with government regulators
- Transfer the deceased from the place of death to the funeral home (local or out of town)
- Obtain vital statistics
- Plan for an identification of the deceased
- Obtain certified copies of the death certificate, as necessary
- Procure the cremation permit and file with medical examiner
- Select the cremation container and urn
- Order and schedule the delivery of all products/merchandise
- Arrange for transportation of the deceased to the crematory
- Complete accounting, clerical and filing work
- Answer telephone calls
Who should be included in the arrangement process?
The responsible party, or next-of-kin, should be present when making the arrangements. It is also advisable that all relatives of equal relation be present as each will need to sign the cremation authorization.
What costs are associated with funerals?
The cost of a funeral includes all the services of a funeral director (see task list above), merchandise, such as cremation containers and urns, and transportation. In addition, our philosophy is to include ALL of the services, merchandise and third party expenses needed for a cremation to take place in the packages we provide. We have included a list of our packages on our web site for your convenience.